Royal London: Private Half-Day Tour with Horse Guards Parade
Explore London’s most popular sites on this Royal London half-day tour, including spectacular parks and royal sites in Westminster.
On your private tour, you will:
- Experience the Changing of the Guard, one of the most popular attractions in the city;
- Discover Whitehall and 10 Downing Street, the UK Prime Minister's office;
- Walk by the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben, an iconic symbol of London;
- Hear fascinating British history and London's incredible past;
- Walk around the Mall, St. James's Palace, and Horse Guards Parade;
- Explore St James's Park, the oldest Royal Park created for sport-loving Henry VIII and a once-famous duelling venue;
- See Buckingham Palace from the outside as you learn more about Royal History;
- Finish your tour at Trafalgar Square, home to the iconic Nelson's Column, the National Gallery, and the National Portrait Gallery.
Please note: that the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace happens on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, but can be subject to change and weather conditions. On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays you will see the changing of the Horseguards at Horse Guards Parade on Whitehall.
You can check the schedule here: https://changing-guard.com/dates-buckingham-palace.html
On your tour, your guide will reveal the secrets of the power and politics of Westminster, while seeing some of the most popular landmarks. Learn all about the Houses of Parliament, the supreme legislative body of the United Kingdom, and be inspired by its mighty history.
Amble through the fabulous gardens and sights of St James's Park and have the opportunity to see the Changing of the Guard in front of magnificent Buckingham Palace, the official London residence of the UK’s sovereigns since 1837.
This ceremony, seen by millions every year, is a must-see attraction in London. It takes place every other day between Buckingham Palace, St James's Palace and Wellington Barracks, and is the perfect reminder of the tight relationship between the armed forces and HM the Queen.
Walk along the Mall and learn curious facts about British kings and queens, who turned the British Empire into the most dominant power on Earth.
Your tour finishes with a walk through Trafalgar Square, where your guide will show you the best places to grab a bite to eat in the area or direct you to some of the world's most famous artwork, located only metres away in the National Gallery.